[Numpy-discussion] f2py from numpy 1.0.5 on OSX 10.4.11/QuadPPC fails with undefined symbols

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Sun Mar 30 20:20:48 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 8:16 PM, Harry Mangalam <harry.mangalam@uci.edu> wrote:
> Answering part of my own question, one missing lib is (not
>  surprisingly) libpython2.5 (add -lpython2.5) so that the link command
>  is:

No, it isn't. They are "-undefined dynamic_lookup -bundle", most
likely. This is a deficiency of the g95 FCompiler implementation. No
one has bothered to get it to work on OS X; I'm not sure if g95 even
supports these flags. They were added to gcc (and accordingly
gfortran) by Apple; I don't know if the g95 guy has kept up.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco