[Numpy-discussion] Numpy installation

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Mar 31 22:06:37 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Amit Itagi <aitagi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having problems with numpy installation.
>
> 1) These is an atlas 3.8.0 library installed somewhere in the search path.
> However, the installation gives errors with that installation. Is there a
> way to tell the installer to install the default (possibly slower) blas,
> instead of using the one in the path ?

Create a site.cfg file with the appropriate section; copy and modify
the site.cfg.example file.

> 2) Also, my main Python directory is called Python-2.5.2. When I try to
> configure with the install<prefix>, it changes Python-2.5.2 to
> "python-2.5.2" and creates a new directory. How can I make the installer not
> convert the upper-case "P" to a lower-case ?

Can you give more information like the platform you are on, the full
path to this directory, the exact commands that you executed, and the
results of these commands?

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."