[Numpy-discussion] numpy masked array oddity

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Mon May 5 14:44:26 CDT 2008

On Monday 05 May 2008 15:35:35 Eric Firing wrote:
> What I meant was that I don't see that such a ravelled version of a
> matrix would be likely to make sense in a linear algebra context, so
> leaving it as a matrix is likely to cause confusion rather than
> convenience.  Still, it would be consistent, so I am not objecting to it.

I understand and concur: ravelling a matrix always brings surprises. On a side
note, .compressed() isn't the method recommended to get rid of missing values
in a 2D array: there are the compress_rows and compress_cols functions for
that. In any case, I doubt that regular matrix users combine their matrices
with missing data...