[Numpy-discussion] Status Report for NumPy 1.1.0

Tue May 6 16:09:57 CDT 2008

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 6:40 AM, Alan G Isaac <aisaac@american.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, 6 May 2008, Jarrod Millman apparently wrote:
> > open tickets that I would like everyone to take a brief
> > look at:
> > http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/760
>
> My understanding is that my patch, which would give
> a deprecation warning, was rejected in favor of the patch
> specified at the end of Travis's message here:
> >

> At least that's how I thought things were resolved.
> I expected Travis's patch would be part of the 1.1 release.

I think someone needs to step up and make the change, but first it needs to
be blessed by Travis and some of the folks on the Matrix indexing thread.
The change might also entail removing some workarounds in the spots
indicated by Travis.

Chuck