[Numpy-discussion] "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" as re: segmentation fault

Marius Nijhuis mariusnijhuis@gmail....
Wed May 7 02:19:32 CDT 2008

Hi,

The array I was using is indeed from a pickle. I ran the c example, and got
the following:

$ LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/sse2/libcblas.so.3.0 ./sse2-crash-test
good_align: ok
bad_align: Segmentation fault (core dumped)
$ LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libcblas.so.3.0 ./sse2-crash-test
good_align: ok
bad_align: ok

So it looks as if this is indeed the problem. At least it explains why my
code ran well originally, I used either fresh arrays or ran on Windows,
without ATLAS. This is one obscure bug!

Thanks for the help. For the moment is there anything I can do to keep it
from reoccurring in other contexts? I am copying the arrays now before use,
but odds are I will forget that one time. Is using scipy.io instead of
cPickle going to improve the situation?

Thanks anyway,

Marius