[Numpy-discussion] Status Report for NumPy 1.1.0

Wed May 7 18:31:30 CDT 2008

2008/5/7 Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris@gmail.com>:

> On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Anne Archibald <peridot.faceted@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > 2008/5/7 Jarrod Millman <millman@berkeley.edu>:
> >
> > > I have just created the 1.1.x branch:
> > >  http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/changeset/5134
> > >  In about 24 hours I will tag the 1.1.0 release from the branch.  At
> > >  this point only critical bug fixes should be applied to the branch.
> > >  The trunk is now open for 1.2 development.
> >
> > I committed Travis' matrix indexing patch (plus a basic test) to
> > 1.1.x. Hope that's okay. (All tests pass.)
> >

> You should put it in the 1.2 branch also, then. I think fancy indexing and
> tolist, which Travis mentioned as having matrix workarounds, need to be
> checked to see if they still work correctly for matrices with the patch.

Ah. Good point. I did find a bug - x[:,0] doesn't do what you'd
expect. Best not release without either backing out my change. I'm
still trying to track down what's up.

Guess our test suite leaves something to be desired.

Anne