[Numpy-discussion] bug in oldnumeric.ma

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Fri May 9 02:43:54 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Pierre GM <pgmdevlist@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, there is a problem with ma.power: masking negative data should be
> restricted to the case of an exponent between -1. and 1. only, don't you
> think ?

Charles Doutriaux has suggested that 1.1.0 shouldn't be released until
this bug is fixed.  I am inclined to somewhat agree with this, but
would like to know if others agree with this sentiment.  Please
respond with a +1 or -1 to making this a 1.1.0 blocker.

I also not sure how closely this issue is related with this open
ticket:  http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/301
I would appreciate it if someone could clarify this issue.

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley