[Numpy-discussion] Uncomfortable with matrix change

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Fri May 9 09:07:37 CDT 2008

On Fri, 09 May 2008, Travis Oliphant apparently wrote:
> I think we need to:
> 1) Add a warning to scalar access
> 2) Back-out the change and fix all the places where NumPy assumes  incorrectly that the number of dimensions reduce on PySequence_GetItem.
> Opinions?

Point of information: it looks like Nathan already made the
needed fixes, and the changes made were in my opinion not at
all obscure and indeed were rather minor.  (Which does not
deny they were needed.)

I am trying to advocate either way; just supplying information.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac