[Numpy-discussion] Uncomfortable with matrix change

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Fri May 9 12:31:50 CDT 2008

On Fri, 9 May 2008, Charles R Harris apparently wrote:
> I am against messing with the numpy code just to
> accommodate a matrix class that shouldn't have inherited
> from ndarray in the first place.  So I am OK with backing
> out the changes as long as we also leave all the bugs in
> place.

That's how we got here in the first place, I think.
Trading off problems in current behavior vs. the possibility
that other code (like Nathan's) might rely on that bad behavior.
Uncomfortable either way.

One piece of good news: Nathan's fixes were easy,
so one way forward is not looking too rocky.

fwiw,
Alan