[Numpy-discussion] Installing numpy/scipy on CentOS 4

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon May 12 14:29:38 CDT 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Chris Miller <centos@scratchspace.com> wrote:
> Robert Kern wrote:
>
>  > Okay, can you also do the following:
>  >
>  >   $ ls -l /usr/lib/lib{lapack,f77blas,cblas,atlas}.*
>  >   $ ls -l /usr/lib/atlas/lib{lapack,f77blas,cblas,atlas}.*
>
>  -rw-r--r--  1 root root 5083708 May  9 16:10 /usr/lib/liblapack.a
>  lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root      18 May 11 10:47 /usr/lib/liblapack.so
>  -> liblapack.so.3.0.0
>  lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root      18 May 11 10:47 /usr/lib/liblapack.so.3
>  -> liblapack.so.3.0.0
>  -rw-r--r--  1 root root 3831921 May  9 16:10 /usr/lib/liblapack.so.3.0.0
>
>  On the f77 stuff, I read specifically to delete the gcc-f77 package
>  as that conflicts with gcc-gfortran. The latter we are using is
>  actually gcc4 not gcc3 (fyi). I see in Atlas that G77 is defined as
>  gfortran, so this may not be an issue.

It's still called libf77blas regardless. Well, you don't have ATLAS
installed. Or if you do, it's an extremely weird installation of
ATLAS.

>  > Is there an atlas-devel RPM that you also need to install?
>
>  The Source RPM from the ashigabou repository does not generate a
>  -devel RPM. I used the CentOS5 SRPMS here :
>
>  http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/ashigabou/CentOS_5/src/
>
>  Looks like the devel generation stuff in the spec file is incomplete
>  and commented out. I did try to install Atlas from source at one
>  point, but numpy still had issues finding libraries.

Can you show me a list of files in the RPM that you installed? I don't
know the rpm command off-hand. Since these are David Cournapeau's
RPMs, perhaps he can chime in, here.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."