[Numpy-discussion] ticket 788: possible blocker

Eric Firing efiring@hawaii....
Mon May 12 18:00:55 CDT 2008

Stéfan van der Walt wrote:
> 2008/5/12 Eric Firing <efiring@hawaii.edu>:
>> To close out this thread:
>>
>>  With r5155 Travis fixed the problem, so the ticket is closed.
>
> Strange, when I look over that patch, my keyboard automatically holds
> in Shift and starts typing 1 through 9:
>
> (*&@#*&@#&%@#(*&)@#
>
> I ask you with tears in my eyes: where is the regression test?

Stefan,

Maybe Travis could whip one up instantly, but I can't; I never figured
out what is the difference between the dtypes of the ndarray that
triggered the bug and the more common ones that don't, so I simply don't
know how to make a test case.  I'm sure I *could* figure it out, but it
might take quite a bit of time--and in the grand scheme of things, I
don't think that would be time particularly well-spent.  I can't make it
a priority.

Eric