[Numpy-discussion] "API change" or "stuff we'd like to change" was: recarray fun

Sebastian Haase haase@msg.ucsf....
Tue May 13 04:31:33 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 10:02 PM, Alan G Isaac <aisaac@american.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 01 May 2008, Christopher Barker apparently wrote:
>  > Maybe we should have a Wiki page for "stuff we'd like to change, but
>  > won't until major API breakage is otherwise occurring"
>

>  Perhaps <URL:http://www.scipy.org/ProposedEnhancements>
>  would suffice?
>
>  Cheers,
>  Alan

I would like to pick up on this comment:
The mentioned wiki page contains currently links to only 3 sub-pages:
   1. MatrixIndexing
   2. RuntimeOptimization
   3. SolversProposal

I did not look into any of these, but they all sound like "rather big thinks"

I understood the proposed new
>  >  Wiki page for "stuff we'd like to change, but
>  > won't until major API breakage is otherwise occurring"

as a summary of many more "smaller" things, such as
 * np.resize vs. arr.resize  need unified behavior, and additional
argument to allow old behavior

Cheers,
Sebastian Haase