[Numpy-discussion] Array finalize call from std/var?

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Tue May 13 10:40:01 CDT 2008

On Tuesday 13 May 2008 09:08:18 ctw wrote:

> Basically, it seems that __array_finalize__ is called after calls to
> most functions (such as mean), but not after calls to std or var.

Mmh, it's not exactly how I understand: in fact, __array_finalize__ seems to
be called an extra time with the ndarray as argument:
in multiarraymodule.c, L934:
ret = PyArray_View((PyAO *)obj1, NULL, self->ob_type);

So, the question is: why this last View ? why use self.ob_type instead of
ref.ob_type ?