[Numpy-discussion] ticket 788: possible blocker

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Tue May 13 12:25:15 CDT 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 11:12 AM, Travis E. Oliphant
<oliphant@enthought.com> wrote:

>  Besides,  having a "test-per-checkin" is not the proper mapping in my
>  mind.   I'd rather see whole check-ins devoted to testing large pieces
>  of code rather than spend all unit-test foo on a rigid policy of
>  "regression" testing each check-in.

Stéfan is proposing "test-per-bugfix", not "test-per-checkin". That is
eminently feasible. You need to do some kind of testing to be sure
that you actually fixed the problem. It is simply *not* *that* *hard*
to write that in unit test form.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."