[Numpy-discussion] 1.1 dev on the trunk and the road to 1.2

Eric Firing efiring@hawaii....
Wed May 14 00:03:56 CDT 2008

Jarrod Millman wrote:
> On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 9:39 PM, Charles R Harris
> <charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I was getting ready to add a big code cleanup, so you lucked out ;) Let's
>> get this release out as quickly as possible once masked arrays are ready to
>> go.
>
> What is left to do for the masked arrays?  Just want to make sure I
> haven't missed something.
>
> Thanks,

Masked arrays: the only thing I know of as a possibility is the
suggestion that the new code be accessible with a DeprecationWarning
from numpy.core as well as from numpy.  I'm neutral on this, and will
not try to implement it.

All is not yet well in matrix land; the end of the numpy.test() output is:

ERROR: check_array_from_matrix_list
(numpy.core.tests.test_defmatrix.TestNewScalarIndexing)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/core/tests/test_defmatrix.py",
line 194, in check_array_from_matrix_list
     x = array([a, a])
ValueError: setting an array element with a sequence.

FAIL: check_dimesions
(numpy.core.tests.test_defmatrix.TestNewScalarIndexing)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/core/tests/test_defmatrix.py",
line 190, in check_dimesions
     assert_equal(x.ndim, 1)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/testing/utils.py",
line 145, in assert_equal
     assert desired == actual, msg
AssertionError:
Items are not equal:
  ACTUAL: 2
  DESIRED: 1

Ran 1004 tests in 1.534s

FAILED (failures=1, errors=1)
Out[2]:<unittest._TextTestResult run=1004 errors=1 failures=1>

In [3]:numpy.__version__
Out[3]:'1.1.0.dev5164'

Eric