[Numpy-discussion] f2py and -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 compilation flag

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed May 14 16:24:44 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 3:20 PM, David Huard <david.huard@gmail.com> wrote:
> I filed a patch that seems to do the trick in ticket #792.

I don't think this is the right approach. The problem isn't that
_FORTIFY_SOURCE is set to 2 but that f2py is doing (probably) bad
things that trip these buffer overflow checks. IIRC, Pearu wasn't on
the f2py mailing list at the time this came up; please try him again.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco