[Numpy-discussion] Tagging 1.1rc1 in about 12 hours

Sat May 17 11:48:40 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 1:20 AM, Jarrod Millman <millman@berkeley.edu>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I believe that we have now addressed everything that was holding up
> the 1.1.0 release, so I will be tagging the 1.1.0rc1 in about 12
> hours.  Please be extremely conservative and careful about any commits
> you make to the trunk until we officially release 1.1.0 (now may be a
> good time to spend some effort on SciPy).  Once I tag the release
> candidate I will ask both David and Chris to create Windows and Mac
> binaries.  I will give everyone a few days to test the release
> candidate and binaries thoroughly.  If everything looks good, the
> release candidate will become the official release.
>
> Once I tag 1.1.0, I will open the trunk for 1.1.1 development.

You mean bug fixes. No development should happen in 1.1.1

> Any development for 1.2 will have to occur on a new branch.

So open the new branch already. I've got stuff that's been stuck in the
queue for over a month waiting for the release and the longer it waits the
more likely it is that that someone will change something and it all becomes
a merge nightmare. I don't want to let that stuff hang fire until late
summer.

Chuck