[Numpy-discussion] numpy.distutils: building a f2py in a subdir

Sun May 18 05:14:35 CDT 2008

Hi,

    I would like to be able to build a f2py extension in a subdir with
distutils, that is:

config.add_extension('foo/bar', source = ['foo/bar.pyf'])

But it does not work right now because of the way numpy.distutils finds
the name of the extension. Replacing:

ext_name = extension.name.split('.')[-1]

by

ext_name = os.path.basename(extension.name.split('.')[-1])

Seems to make it work. Could that break anything in numpy.distutils ? I
don't see how, but I don't want to touch distutils without being sure it
won't,

cheers,

David