[Numpy-discussion] Quick Question about Optimization

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon May 19 17:36:41 CDT 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 5:27 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> The latest versions of Matlab use the ziggurat method to generate random
> normals and it is faster than the method used in numpy. I have ziggurat code
> at hand, but IIRC, Robert doesn't trust the method ;)

Well, I outlined the tests that would satisfy me, but I don't think
you ever responded.

  http://projects.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-dev/2005-December/004405.html
  which references
  http://projects.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-dev/2005-December/004400.html