[Numpy-discussion] Quick Question about Optimization

James Snyder jbsnyder@gmail....
Mon May 19 18:55:45 CDT 2008

On to the code, here's a current implementation, attached.  I make no
claims about it being great code, I've modified it so that there is a
weave version and a sans-weave version.

Many of the suggestions make things a bit faster.  The weave version
bombs out with a rather long log, which can be found at:
http://pastebin.com/m79699c04

I can tell it's failing for the second weave.blitz line, but I don't
understand why exactly.

What does this mean?:
error: no match for call to '(blitz::FastArrayIterator<double, 1>)
(const blitz::TinyVector<int, 2>&)'

Also note, I'm not asking to match MATLAB performance.  It'd be nice,
but again I'm just trying to put together decent, fairly efficient
numpy code.