[Numpy-discussion] data exchange format

Gary Pajer gary.pajer@gmail....
Tue May 20 08:32:37 CDT 2008

I want to store data in a way that can be read by a C or Matlab program.

Not too much data, not too complicated:  a dozen or so floats, a few
integers, a few strings, and a (3, x) numpy array where typically 500
< x < 30000.

I was about to create my own format for storage when it occurred to me
that I might want to use XML or some other standard format.  Like
JSON, perhaps.   Can anyone comment, esp relating to numpy
implementation issues, or offer suggestions?

Thanks,
Gary