[Numpy-discussion] building issue in windows

Igor Sylvester igorsyl@gmail....
Tue May 20 08:33:03 CDT 2008

Hi.
I have mingw and Visual Studio installed on my computer.  I am following the
building instructions posted in [1].  I explicitly tell setup.py to use
mingw by passing the argument --compiler=mingw32.  However, setuptools is
using Visual Studio anyways.  has anyone encountered this problem?  I am
putting the mingw bin directory in my PATH without avail.  Is there extra
configuration needed for a system with both compilers installed?

Thank you for your help.
Igor

[1] http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/Windows