[Numpy-discussion] 1.1.0rc1 OSX Installer - please test

Christopher Burns cburns@berkeley....
Tue May 20 11:57:37 CDT 2008

Reminder to please test the installer.  We already discovered a couple
endian bugs on PPC, which is good, but we'd like to verify the release
candidate on several more machines before the 1.1.0 tag on Thursday.

It only takes a few minutes and you get the added bonus of having a
current install of numpy.   :)

Thank you,
Chris

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 7:27 AM, Robert Pyle <rpyle@post.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On May 19, 2008, at 3:39 PM, Christopher Burns wrote:
>
>> I've built a Mac binary for the 1.1 release candidate.  Mac users,
>> please test it from:
>>
>> https://cirl.berkeley.edu/numpy/numpy-1.1.0rc1-py2.5-macosx10.5.dmg
>>
>> This is for the MacPython installed from python.org.
>

>  From System Profiler ---
> Hardware Overview:
>
>   Model Name:  MacBook Pro
>   Model Identifier:    MacBookPro3,1
>   Processor Name:      Intel Core 2 Duo
>
> Running 10.5.2
>
> Uneventful installation, tests as follows ---
>
>  >>> np.test()
> Numpy is installed in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/
> 2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy
> Numpy version 1.1.0rc1
> Python version 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Feb 22 2008, 07:57:53) [GCC 4.0.1
> (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5363)]
>
> --- skipping details ---
>
> Ran 1004 tests in 1.939s
>
> OK
> <unittest._TextTestResult run=1004 errors=0 failures=0>
>
> -----
>
> Thanks to all for the hard work.
>
> Bob Pyle

Christopher Burns