[Numpy-discussion] building issue in windows

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Tue May 20 12:46:48 CDT 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Igor Sylvester <igorsyl@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
> I have mingw and Visual Studio installed on my computer.  I am following the
> building instructions posted in [1].  I explicitly tell setup.py to use
> mingw by passing the argument --compiler=mingw32.  However, setuptools is
> using Visual Studio anyways.  has anyone encountered this problem?

Strictly speaking, the --compiler flag goes on the config and
build_ext commands. There is some logic that accepts it on the build
command, too, and transfers it over to the build_ext command, but it
is possibly buggy. I would make a setup.cfg file (place it next to the
setup.py) with the following contents:

[config]
compiler=mingw32

[build_ext]