[Numpy-discussion] 1.1.0rc1, Win32 Installer: please test it

Matt Knox mattknox.ca@gmail....
Tue May 20 14:31:20 CDT 2008

http://www.ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp/members/david/archives/numpy-1.1.0rc1-win32-superpack-python2.5.exe

http://www.ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp/members/david/archives/numpy-1.1.0rc1-win32-superpack-python2.4.exe

> (Python 2.4 binaries are not there yet). This binary should work on any
> (32 bits) CPU on windows, and in particular should solve the recurring
> problem of segfault/hangs on older CPU with previous binary releases.
>
> I used a fairly heavy compression scheme (lzma), because it cut the size
> ~ 30 %. If it is a problem, please let me know,
>
> cheers,
>
> David

installed fine and all tests ran successfully on my machine.

Machine specs:
 - Vista 32 bit
 - Python 2.5
 - Intel Core 2 duo 2ghz