[Numpy-discussion] ANN: NumPy/SciPy Documentation Marathon 2008

Jonathan Wright wright@esrf...
Tue May 20 17:55:54 CDT 2008

Stéfan van der Walt wrote:
 > As for internationali(s/z)ation, we'll see who writes the most
 > docstrings.

Indeed. There are some notes on the OLPC wiki at

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Python_i18n

It seems to be just a question of adding at the top of add_newdocs.py

from gettext import gettext as _

... and putting the docstrings in a _() function call, although perhaps
I miss something important, like a performance hit? This would catch
everything in add_newdocs at least. It seems like a relatively minor
change if you are overhauling anyway?

Jon