[Numpy-discussion] Branching 1.1.x and starting 1.2.x development

Tue May 20 21:51:35 CDT 2008

Charles R Harris wrote:

> Ah... Is this going to be a problem with Debian installs?

No, I meant that Lenny has a clear rule for transition, whereas I could
not find such information for Ubuntu. Since the transition happened
during the Hardy developement time-frame, I don't know what Ubuntu did.
Maybe I am missing something, but I found the distribution of two ABI at
the same time extremely annoying in Ubuntu (typically, debian has a
package liblapack_pic, very useful to build a shared atlas by yourself,
but contrary to all other fortran libraries - renamed for the gfortran
transition - this one got gfortran ABI without name change).

cheers,

David