[Numpy-discussion] 1.1.0rc1 RuntimeErrors

Wed May 21 16:10:18 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 10:07 AM, Alan McIntyre <alan.mcintyre@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> > OK, thanks a lot ! That's a C problem, then...
>>
>> It's probably worth mentioning that I'm not that familiar with all the
>> innards of NumPy yet, so take my comments and patch on that issue with
>> a (fairly large) grain of salt. ;)
>

> This was introduced by Travis in r5138 as part of the matrix changes.

Alan's change looks a bit iffy to me because the looser check would pass
things like matrices and there would be no check for decreasing dimensions
to throw an error. So I think the safest thing for 1.1 is to back out
Travis' change and rethink this for 1.2.

Chuck