[Numpy-discussion] 1.1.0rc1 RuntimeErrors

Wed May 21 16:57:30 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Charles R Harris <
> charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 10:07 AM, Alan McIntyre <alan.mcintyre@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> It's probably worth mentioning that I'm not that familiar with all the
>>> innards of NumPy yet, so take my comments and patch on that issue with
>>> a (fairly large) grain of salt. ;)
>>

>> This was introduced by Travis in r5138 as part of the matrix changes.
>>

> Alan's change looks a bit iffy to me because the looser check would pass
> things like matrices and there would be no check for decreasing dimensions
> to throw an error. So I think the safest thing for 1.1 is to back out
> Travis' change and rethink this for 1.2.
>
> Chuck

I backed out r5138 and, with a few test fixes, everything passes. However,
there is now a warning exposed in the masked array tests:

/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/ma/core.py:1357: UserWarning:
MaskedArray.__setitem__ on fields: The mask is NOT affected!
  warnings.warn("MaskedArray.__setitem__ on fields: "

Pierre?

Chuck