[Numpy-discussion] f2py errors: any help interpreting?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri May 23 18:05:47 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 5:59 PM, Mark Miller <markperrymiller@gmail.com> wrote:
> In this case, I am just using the Windows command prompt.  I do not have a
> setup.cfg or pydistutils.cfg file.  I did create a file in
> Python25\Lib\distutils called distutils.cfg containing 2 lines:
>
> [build]
> compiler = mingw32
>
> That took care of the previous message.  I am currently getting a 'failed
> with exit status 1' message, that for the life of me I can't remember what
> causes it.
>
> I have attached the full (albeit tedius) output from an attempt, if someone
> is willing to wade through it.

The important line is this one:

  ld: dllcrt2.o: No such file: No such file or directory

This looks like a problem with g95. Either it is misconfigured or we
aren't passing it the right flags. Can you check to see if there is a
dllcrt2.o file somewhere in your g95 installation?

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco