[Numpy-discussion] Buildbot errors.

Sat May 24 02:27:05 CDT 2008

Anne Archibald wrote:

> They do not appear on my machine (a pentium-M running Ubuntu). I
> should point out that they are only actually three distinct errors,
> because one of the test suites is being run twice.They are not exactly
> subtle tests; they're checking that seterr induces the raising of
> exceptions from np.arange(3)/0, np.sqrt(-np.arange(3)), and
> np.array([1.])/np.array([0.]).

(resending, I did not see that build logs were so big)

Here are the build logs for 3 configurations (all on r5226):

   - Ubuntu hardy on 32 bits + python2.6
   - Ubuntu hardy on 64 bits + python2.6 (inside vmware)
   - RHEL 5 64 bits + python2.5

None of them show the error. But RHEL (which is arguably the nearest to
FC) do not have all the seterr tests, I don't know why: test_divide is
not run with RHEL, only test_dividerr is).

Can the error with seterr linked to CPU fpu state flag ?

cheers,

David