[Numpy-discussion] ufunc oddities

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Sat May 24 22:06:55 CDT 2008

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 10:02 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> So what about the rule that the array type takes precedence over the scalar
> type? That is broken for booleans.

Yes, and if it wasn't an intentional special case (I don't recall
discussing it on the list, but it might have been), then it's a bug
and suitable for changing. The other behaviors are intentional and
thus not suitable for changing.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."