[Numpy-discussion] Not all typecodes have names

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Sun May 25 03:04:49 CDT 2008

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 12:56 AM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> ? bool
> b signed char
> h short
> i integer
> l long integer
> q long long integer
> p p ----
> B unsigned char
> H unsigned short
> I unsigned integer
> L unsigned long integer
> Q unsigned long long integer
> P P ----
> f single precision
> d double precision
> g long precision
> F complex single precision
> D complex double precision
> G complex long double precision
> S string
> U unicode
> V void
> O object
>
> The typecodes come from typecode['All'] and the typenames from typename().
> What are the names that should go with p and P?

I believe they correspond to C's ssize_t and size_t respectively. I
don't know if those are good names, per se, in this context.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco