[Numpy-discussion] Controlling the way a module is imported

Sun May 25 04:28:52 CDT 2008

Hi,

    This is not numpy specific, but I need it for numpy/scipy. More
specifically, I would like to be able to have one module interface which
load imp1, imp2, imp3, etc... depending on some options. I see two
obvious solutions: monkey patching, and file configuration, but I try to
avoid the former, and there is no mechanism for the later in scipy. I
read that import hooks could be used for this purpose, but I don't quite
understand the pep:

http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0302/

Has anyone played with it ?

cheers,