[Numpy-discussion] Building universal (fat) OS X binaries with numpy distutils

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon May 26 19:09:12 CDT 2008

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 6:39 PM, Zachary Pincus <zachary.pincus@yale.edu> wrote:
> [Robert Kern wrote:]
>> On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 1:35 PM, Zachary Pincus <zachary.pincus@yale.edu

>>> Also, how best should one get python
>>> itself to compile as universal? (For py2app purposes...)
>>
>> Just us the binary from www.python.org. Is this not possible for
>> your use case?
>
> I can, but I often build Python myself and I was just wondering how
> one does it. I can check elsewhere about this, though -- it's a bit
> off-topic for this list, I guess.

It's easiest to use the script Mac/BuildScript/build-installer.py. I
had to make a few modifications to the copy in the Python-2.5.2
tarball to update the URLs of the dependencies and such, but I expect
the one from SVN trunk should be up to date.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco