[Numpy-discussion] Binary ufuncs: maximum

Mon May 26 22:38:29 CDT 2008

Note that max('b','Q') will fit in Q, do we want to produce a double
instead?

divide
not symmetric
in1       ?  , b  , B  , h  , H  , i  , I  , l  , L  , q  , Q  , f  , d  ,
g  , F  , D  , G  ,

in2  ?  | b  , b  , B  , h  , H  , i  , I  , i  , I  , q  , Q  , f  , d  ,
g  , F  , D  , G  ,
in2  b  | b  , b  , h  , h  , i  , i  , q  , i  , q  , q  , d  , f  , d  ,
g  , F  , D  , G  ,
in2  B  | B  , h  , B  , h  , H  , i  , I  , i  , I  , q  , Q  , f  , d  ,
g  , F  , D  , G  ,
in2  h  | h  , h  , h  , h  , i  , i  , q  , i  , q  , q  , d  , f  , d  ,
g  , F  , D  , G  ,
in2  H  | H  , i  , H  , i  , H  , i  , I  , i  , I  , q  , Q  , f  , d  ,
g  , F  , D  , G  ,
in2  i  | i  , i  , i  , i  , i  , i  , q  , i  , q  , q  , d  , d  , d  ,
g  , D  , D  , G  ,
in2  I  | I  , q  , I  , q  , I  , q  , I  , q  , I  , q  , Q  , d  , d  ,
g  , D  , D  , G  ,
in2  l  | l  , l  , l  , l  , l  , l  , q  , l  , q  , q  , d  , d  , d  ,
g  , D  , D  , G  ,
in2  L  | L  , q  , L  , q  , L  , q  , L  , q  , L  , q  , Q  , d  , d  ,
g  , D  , D  , G  ,
in2  q  | q  , q  , q  , q  , q  , q  , q  , q  , q  , q  , d  , d  , d  ,
g  , D  , D  , G  ,
in2  Q  | Q  , d  , Q  , d  , Q  , d  , Q  , d  , Q  , d  , Q  , d  , d  ,
g  , D  , D  , G  ,
in2  f  | f  , f  , f  , f  , f  , d  , d  , d  , d  , d  , d  , f  , d  ,
g  , F  , D  , G  ,
in2  d  | d  , d  , d  , d  , d  , d  , d  , d  , d  , d  , d  , d  , d  ,
g  , D  , D  , G  ,
in2  g  | g  , g  , g  , g  , g  , g  , g  , g  , g  , g  , g  , g  , g  ,
g  , G  , G  , G  ,
in2  F  | F  , F  , F  , F  , F  , D  , D  , D  , D  , D  , D  , F  , D  ,
G  , F  , D  , G  ,
in2  D  | D  , D  , D  , D  , D  , D  , D  , D  , D  , D  , D  , D  , D  ,
G  , D  , D  , G  ,
in2  G  | G  , G  , G  , G  , G  , G  , G  , G  , G  , G  , G  , G  , G  ,
G  , G  , G  , G  ,

Chuck