[Numpy-discussion] Controlling the way a module is imported

Jonathan Wright wright@esrf...
Tue May 27 01:31:51 CDT 2008

David Cournapeau wrote:
> Thanks, but I already have the code to dynamically load a module from a
> string. My problem is how to control it, and how we want to do this kind
> of things. Up to know, scipy have never depended on env variables or
> configuration files, so I don't want to introduce this kind of things
> without discussing it first.

Both matplotlib and ipython are using rc files already. For your fftpack
work, it would be great to be able to compare different backends within
the same session, both for benchmarking and accuracy checking. In that
case the user would probably want to control what is loaded at runtime.

Thanks!

Jon