[Numpy-discussion] segmentation fault

Alan McIntyre alan.mcintyre@gmail....
Wed May 28 09:51:20 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Keith Goodman <kwgoodman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone else get this seg fault?
>
>>> def fn():
>    x = np.random.rand(5,2)
>    x.cumsum(None, out=x)
>    return x
>   ....:
>>> fn()
> *** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/python: double free or corruption
> (out): 0x08212dc8 ***
>
> I'm running 1.0.4 from Debian Lenny with python 2.5.2 compiled with
> gcc 4.2.3-3, if that matters.

Yep I get one here too, using numpy and Python 2.5 from svn trunk.  It
doesn't always happen on the first invocation of the function.  When
the segfault happens, it seems to be in arrayobject.c, line 2093,
which is "PyDimMem_FREE(self->dimensions)" and self (in the case where
I checked) is some bogus value like 0x1d.

At the moment I don't have time to dig into it; I might look later if
nobody else has time.