[Numpy-discussion] List of function-like things with an 'out' parameter

Alan McIntyre alan.mcintyre@gmail....
Wed May 28 18:46:44 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 7:26 PM, Anne Archibald
<peridot.faceted@gmail.com> wrote:
> One noticeable absence is all the ufuncs. (Partly this is because it's
> not actually called "out", or on fact anything at all; it's just the
> last parameter if there are enough.) You might also check things like
> objects returned by vectorize() and frompyfunc().

Here's an updated version of the list that includes ufuncs.

> Does it make sense to put this list on the Wiki somewhere, so that
> people who come across new things that take output parameters (however
> named) can post them?

I generated the list with a script; I don't know if that should be
kept somewhere too.  It could be modified to look for other things as
well; I'm not sure how often people need lists of every function
object in numpy with a given argument, though.

Alan