[Numpy-discussion] Tutorials at Scipy 2008

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri May 30 01:51:35 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 8:59 PM, Carl Trachte <ctrachte@gmail.com> wrote:

> Assuming I'm approved by my employer to attend, I could benefit from
> either the intro or some of the advanced topics.  If the mayavi one is
> for hard core mayavi users, I would probably spend the day doing the
> intro one.  If there are examples that can be followed without being a
> mayavi wizard, I would probably attend that one.  Either way I see it
> as a win.

I suspect the intro one will have some material on using mayavi,
perhaps at a more basic level. But someone like myself can easily
teach that, while Prabhu or Gael will hopefully be available to teach
a deeper one on using TVTK, scripting mayavi, writing custom modules
and filters, adding menus to mayavi using the Envisage API, etc.
That's the kind of stuff I don't know how to do well enough to teach
it.

> Thanks for your efforts in getting the conference together.

Glad to help.

Cheers,