[Numpy-discussion] numpy import problem

Alan McIntyre alan.mcintyre@gmail....
Sat May 31 10:15:29 CDT 2008

Bala,

One thing I can think of is that you might have multiple versions of
Python installed.  For example, I have Python 2.4 and 2.5 on my
machine, but numpy is only installed for 2.5.   Since just running
"python" brings up 2.4, sometimes I find myself in the wrong
interpreter typing "import numpy", which fails in the way you
described.

Cheers,
Alan