[Numpy-discussion] Strange behavior in setting masked array values in Numpy 1.1.0

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Sat May 31 18:41:44 CDT 2008

On Saturday 31 May 2008 18:35:32 Tony Yu wrote:
> On May 31, 2008, at 6:04 PM, Matthieu Brucher wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This is to be expected. You are trying to modify and read the same
> > array at the same time, which should never be done.
>
> Thanks, I'll have to keep this in mind next time.

And the reason why it works with oldnumeric is that the right term is copied
while setting the slice.

> So, what's the best way to rearrange a subarray of an array. Copying
> seems inefficient.

But likely the only solution for your data to be contiguous