[Numpy-discussion] library linking during numpy build

Frank Lagor dfranci@seas.upenn....
Tue Nov 4 11:07:34 CST 2008

Hi Everyone,

I previously had a problem with installing numpy on a cluster of mine, but
it seemed to be resolved. The installation was successful and the numpy code
ran well.  Unfortunately, this was not the case when I tried to run parallel
code.  The other processors have difficulty finding a particular library
file, libg2c.so.0.
I get the following error:
ImportError: libg2c.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

I have have played around a lot with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and my .bashrc
file, but to no avail. Lisandro D. graciously recommended to me that I
should try to hard link the library to the gcc compilers used to build
numpy.  However, I am not exactly sure how to do this.  Is there some option
I can put in the setup.py file that will do it?

Thanks in advance,
Frank