[Numpy-discussion] New ufuncs

T J tjhnson@gmail....
Thu Nov 6 17:01:58 CST 2008

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> I could add exp2, log2, and logaddexp2 pretty easily. Almost too easily, I
> don't want to clutter up numpy with a lot of functions. However, if there is
> a community for these functions I will put them in.

I worry about clutter as well.  Note that scipy provides log2 and exp2
already (scipy.special).  So I think only logaddexp2 would be needed
and (eventually) logdotexp2.  Maybe scipy.special is a better place
than in numpy?  Then perhaps the clutter could be avoided....though
I'm probably not the best one to ask for advice on this.  I will
definitely use the functions and I suspect many others will as
well---where ever they are placed.