[Numpy-discussion] numpy array serialization with JSON

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Nov 10 11:36:34 CST 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 11:25, Simon Palmer <simon.palmer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have a recommendation of a library/method for serialization of
> numpy arrays to and from text (specifically for the purposes of embedding in
> XML)?  I don't want to use pickle or tostring() because my XML has to be
> consumable across a variety of programming environments.

If you only need to support typical dtypes, just use tostring() (and
base64 encoding) and a little bit of XML to provide the shape and
dtype information.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."