[Numpy-discussion] numpy, swig and TNT-Arrays

Tue Nov 11 02:46:52 CST 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 1:24 AM, Rolf Wester
<rolf.wester@ilt.fraunhofer.de>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to wrap some C++ classes that use TNT-Arrays. Is it
> possible to pass numpy arrays to C++ functions that expect TNT-Arrays as
> function parameter? Does anybody know how the wrappers could be
> generated using swig? I would be very appreciative for any help.
>
> With kind regards

IIRC, TNT does vectors and matrices, they have constructors, and they are
contiguous. I think you can make wrappers, but it isn't going to be anything
straight forward unless you can reuse the memory from a numpy array and I
don't recall that that sort of constructor is available.

Is TNT still active? It looked pretty dead last time I looked several years
ago.

Chuck