[Numpy-discussion] Solved Re: Bugs in histogram and matplotlib-hist

Mike Ressler mike.ressler@alum.mit....
Wed Nov 12 16:47:41 CST 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 2:09 PM, David Huard <david.huard@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mike, before patching, please take a look at the tickets related to
> histogram on the numpy trac. Previously, histogram returned only used the
> left bin edges and it caused a lot of problems with outliers and
> normalization. We are not going back there.

Our immediate problem has been solved by compiling matplotlib-0.98.3
by hand on Fedora 9 - in spite of its bleeding edge reputation, Fedora
can get behind sometimes.

The problem with histogram I reported also seems to have disappeared
after completely uninstalling and reinstalling numpy and all its
brethren. Something seems to have been weird about the recent Fedora
updates.

I did not mean to suggest any changes to the behavior of histogram,
only to get it working on our system.

Anyway, problem solved, we're happy. Sorry for the noise. (And thanks
again Scott for the Fedora problem link.)

Mike

--
mike.ressler@alum.mit.edu