[Numpy-discussion] Segfault with dotblas on OS X 10.5.5/PPC (but not on Intel?)

David Warde-Farley dwf@cs.toronto....
Wed Nov 12 18:24:21 CST 2008

On 12-Nov-08, at 6:05 PM, Michael Abshoff wrote:

>> I'm running the python.org 2.5.2 build of Python, and the latest SVN
>> build of numpy (though the same thing happened with 1.1.0).
>
> IIRC that is a universal build for 32 bit PPC and Intel, so
> depending on
> the problem size 32 bits might be insufficient.

Indeed, for the size of problem I *thought* I was running, 32 bit
would be sufficient. In fact I had my data transposed and so was
working with a much larger matrix which would put me past the 32-bit
bound.

My apologies,

David