[Numpy-discussion] Questions on error handling/refcounting in some ufunc object loops.

Fri Nov 14 00:01:29 CST 2008

Charles R Harris wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 10:50 PM, David Cournapeau
> <david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp <mailto:david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp>>
> wrote:
>
>     Robert Kern wrote:
>     >
>     > There are ufunc loop implementations outside of numpy. It would
>     break
>     > the API, specifically the typedef PyUFuncGenericFunction.
>     >

>     Would something like a ufunc-specific errno be acceptable in that
>     case ?
>

> That might get tricky with threading in the mix.

The trick is at configuration, to know how to "tag" a variable for TLS.
Windows can do it, posix has it (errno is thread-specific in recent
posix). I don't know of any other solution, since returning error code
is not possible, but maybe there is ?

David