[Numpy-discussion] toward python 2.6: mtrand, gettimeofday and mingw

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Fri Nov 14 11:13:05 CST 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 6:39 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

> static float npy_tanhf(
> #define tanhf npy_tanhf

I don't like this solution so much. The right solution IMHO is to
correctly detect the intrinsic so we don't define a function already
available.

In the mean time, I of course realized that the windows situation is
more complicated than expected: we need to deal with the manifest crap
for the configuration stage of numpy because the msvcrt 9.0 is not
available on the average windows computer...

David